Monday, March 8, 2010

Past and Present

It has been a very fun past couple of weeks! I had a booth at the Little Sprouts sale in Franklin that was a hit. I created a Candy Land themed cake that seemed to catch the attention of everyone big and small! I have also done a few girly cakes the past few weeks, everything from 4th 16th and 30th birthday cakes which are always fun since I don't get to do much girly in my life! Being surrounded by boys has landed me in a sea of blues but I am trying hard to add as much color to my life and theirs as possible! This past weekend I was able to do a birthday cake for one of my younger clients. My friend Jacob turned 5 this past week and this was my third cake to do for him. I love doing his cakes because he always has such an imagination and I love being able to come up with crazy cakes and see his eyes light up! So for the big number five the theme was magic school bus and I think it turned out to be quite magical. I didn't get any pictures taken but mom and dad have promised to send some soon that I will post. I ended up having the bus flying in space and suspended up in the air! It was so fun to be part of his big special day again!
I have a very very busy next month with everything schedule from showings and weddings to parties and showers! We will be hosting a couple of parties here at the house from friends and I will be participating in a few events as well. On Wednesday, March 24th I will be at Brentwood United Methodist for their Spring event so please come on out and get some cake! I will also be participating in the annual Tennessee Cake Festival in April so please cross your fingers that I can 1. get the cake done and 2. nothing comes up to stop me from participating! The theme this year is "Spring Carnival" and after many sketches I have finally come up with a winner. I am in it to win it since the prize is $1,000 so wish me luck! This will pay for the remodeling of the basement to put in my commercial kitchen!!!!
I will post some pictures soon, until then, enjoy this sunshine and happy baking!

0 comments: